Services outbound from Australia:
- Double-daily flights from Sydney – A350-1000 with Qsuite, and A380.
- Daily flight from Melbourne – A380.
- Daily flight from Adelaide – A350-900 with Qsuite (upgrading to A350-1000 with Qsuite from 2 April 2020).
- Daily flight from Perth – A380.
- Daily flight from Canberra, via Sydney – A350-1000 with Qsuite.
- The Sanctuary Bar is available on board our A380. It has room for up to 15 passengers and is the ideal place for First and Business Class passengers to relax.
- Luxurious BRIC’s amenity kits for long-haul First and Business Class passengers, featuring all-natural Castello Monte Vibiano Vecchio skin care products.
- Ultra-comfortable pyjamas and slippers for long-haul First and Business Class passengers, supplied by the renowned White Company.
- Complimentary amenity kits are also available for Economy Class passengers on long-haul flights, which includes socks, eye mask, ear plugs, lip balm, and dental kit.
- Our OryxOne inflight entertainment system offers over 4,000 on-demand options for all passengers.
- Wifi is available on selected aircraft, including the A350, A380, and selected B777s. 1 hour free wifi is provided for basic messaging services and paid plans are available.
Doha Hamad International Airport - Our Hub:
- With only one terminal, Doha Hamad International Airport is very easy to navigate. It has been voted a 5-star Airport and in 2019 was honoured with the title of Best Airport in the Middle East for the fifth year in a row, and Best Staff Service in the Middle East for the fourth year in a row.
- Designed with the passenger experience in mind, Qatar Airways has a 45 minute minimum connection time between two QR flights.
- Doha city tours are available for passengers in transit between 5 and 12 hours and are available on a first-come first-serve basis. The tour lasts for 2 hours 45 minutes and takes passengers to the main sites in Doha. The cost is QAR75, approximately AUD30 (subject to exchange rate). This is pre-bookable via Manage My Booking.
- Paid premium lounge access is available to all passengers, bookable via Manage My Booking or by calling Trade Support.
- The airport also features an Airport Hotel, a Vitality Wellbeing and Fitness Centre, more than 90 retail shops, 30 dining options, and multiple play areas for children.
- Nationals of 80 countries, including Australia and New Zealand, are eligible for a free visa on arrival (valid for up to 30 days).
- Qatar Airways is the first major Middle East carrier to join an airline alliance.
- Our frequent flyer program, Privilege Club, allows you to earn Qmiles (redemption currency) and Qpoints (status currency) on our oneworld partner airlines.
- Similarly, if you are frequent flyer members of other oneworld airlines, such as Qantas or Cathay Pacific, you can earn status credits and points when you fly with Qatar Airways in specific fare buckets.
- Qantas frequent flyers can earn status credits and points on fares booked in V class or above while flying Qatar Airways.
- Privilege Club Silver level qualifies for priority check in, selected lounge access, and 10kg extra checked luggage when flying Qatar Airways.
- Privilege Club levels Silver, Gold, and Platinum correspond to oneworld levels Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald respectively.
Points of Difference:
- Free of charge seat selection for Economy Class (excluding exit and bulkhead rows, and Preferred Seats).
- 30kg standard baggage allowance on all Economy fare types, plus 7kg cabin baggage.
- Child fares are 65% of an adult fare, not 75%.
- Dine-on-demand meal service in First Class and Business Class – eat what you want, when you want.
- In Economy Class, our new Quisine dining concept offers and increased food portion as well as reducing single-use plastics. Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available throughout the flight.
- Our revolutionary and award-winning Business Class, Qsuite, is being progressively refitted on our A350 and B777 fleets.
- Qsuite currently operates on QR906/7 on the Sydney/Canberra route, and also on Adelaide on QR914/5.
- Awarded World’s Best Airline for the fifth time (a world first for any airline) by Skytrax in 2019, as well as World’s Best Business Class in 2019.
Talk to Procurement Australasia for all your business travel needs covered, including access to discounted fares on airfare, accommodation and car hire.